Central Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OpenGL/Windows programming

Go down

OpenGL/Windows programming Empty OpenGL/Windows programming

Post by SoulRed12 - Moderator Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:33 am

Can anybody assist me? I'm trying to learn openGL through C++, and I've got the basics down, but only memorized. I don't understand yet why what works actually works; I need to learn some basics of windows programming (i.e. rendering context, device context, window handle, etc. stuff like that, though I already know what those particular terms are). Basically I need to learn more about the Windows API, I think.

The books I've seen all seem to assume you already know about that kind of stuff; nobody explains it in detail. For example, a C# book gives me some stuff about some function called "Manager.CheckDeviceFormat()" as if I already know what it does and what the arguments are.
SoulRed12 - Moderator
SoulRed12 - Moderator
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 428
Job/hobbies : Music, psychology, programming, acting, basketball, and martial arts.
Warning :
OpenGL/Windows programming Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100OpenGL/Windows programming Right_bar_bleue

OpenGL/Windows programming Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100OpenGL/Windows programming Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-19

http://soulred12.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down