Central Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DBPro's object system

3 posters

Go down

DBPro's object system Empty DBPro's object system

Post by SoulRed12 - Moderator Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:07 am

What do you think about DBPro's object system? (integer object indexes starting at 1, with no instances) Do you like it better or worse than GM's system, all things considered?

I like it a little better, only because you can use for loops more easily in combination with object instances (and you choose which numbers to give to which instances). It just makes me feel that much more in control. Though I don't care for the fact that I have to manage it all myself; GM is very good for that kind of automation stuff.
SoulRed12 - Moderator
SoulRed12 - Moderator
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 428
Job/hobbies : Music, psychology, programming, acting, basketball, and martial arts.
Warning :
DBPro's object system Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100DBPro's object system Right_bar_bleue

DBPro's object system Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100DBPro's object system Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-19

http://soulred12.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

DBPro's object system Empty Re: DBPro's object system

Post by Luke(ADMIN) Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Oh my God it is SOOO much better than Game Maker's object/instance system.

an object is an object. Instances are just annoying. DBPro gives full control over each object, and In Game Maker, you have to know whether or not it is the instance or object that you have to mess with.
Luke(ADMIN)
Luke(ADMIN)
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 838
Job/hobbies : Hello! I am a programmer/hacker. I play piano and French Horn. I love mountain biking and kayaking.
Warning :
DBPro's object system Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100DBPro's object system Right_bar_bleue

DBPro's object system Left_bar_bleue999 / 100999 / 100DBPro's object system Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-17

http://www.lujosoftware.com

Back to top Go down

Post by panneers740 Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:08 am

What do you think about DBPro's object system? (integer object indexes starting at 1, with no instances) Do you like it better or worse than GM's system, all things considered?

I like it a little better, only because you can use for loops more easily in combination with object instances (and you choose which numbers to give to which instances). It just makes me feel that much more in control. Though I don't care for the fact that I have to manage it all myself; GM is very good for that kind of automation stuff.

===============
high speed internet providers
cv template download

panneers740

Number of posts : 3
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down